Label Academy Master Class: Shrink sleeve technology workshop
08 December 2020
Shenzhen World Exhibition & Convention Center, Meeting Room D, Hall 1
599 RMB Inc VAT
9:00 - 12:30
China Standard Time
Learn about shrink sleeve technology, markets and applications from the experts. Gain a clear understanding of the design and origination requirements; find out about suitable shrinkable films; review the different printing processes and how to select them; gain an appreciation of the latest converting technologies and specialized applications; find out about sleeve performance and quality, including troubleshooting and fault finding.
This 3.5-hour workshop will be presented by a representative of the Label Academy, along with other leading experts from the field of shrink sleeve materials and technology. It is in association with the Label Academy, the global training program for the label and package printing industry.
For everyone's benefit, seating is strictly limited. Please book early to avoid disappointment.
Introduction to the Label Academy and shrink sleeve technology
- Standardizing global training: aims and objectives
- What is sleeving and why is it used?
Design and origination for sleeve labels
- Container and design considerations
- Creating die-lines and supplying artwork
- Positioning of barcodes, proofing and plates
Substrates and their usage
- Exploring shrinkable film types and their characteristics
- Understanding usage considerations
- Performance requirements and special feature films
Break with tea and coffee
Printing ink technologies for sleeves
- Considering the different printing processes: UV and WB flexo, gravure and digital
- Process selection for proper inks
- Special feature ink options
Converting and application technology
- Slitting, seaming, inspection, application and shrink steps
- Understanding the process and getting it right
- Implementing tamper evident, security and brand protection features
Ensuring the best results
- Performance and quality considerations
- Fault finding and troubleshooting
- Successful case studies