Label Academy Master Class: Virtual - Digital printing technology - Part 2
From pre-press through finishing
Learn about pre-press systems and strategies, the importance of workflow automation, substrate selection and print quality, plus digital print finishing.
This two-part master class will be presented by Labelexpo strategic director Andy Thomas-Emans, along with leading experts from the fields of digital printing, pre-press, materials and workflow. Delegates will leave with a full understanding of the different digital printing technologies, their specific materials requirements, short-run digital finishing and embellishment solutions and workflow automation from color management to job scheduling and invoicing. Discover digital printing technology and the enhancements it can bring to your product offering.
The master class is organized by the Label Academy, the global training program for the label and package printing industry.
Master class in other time zones: 4pm CEST, 9am CDT
- Color management is critical
- Increasing the importance of pre-press and elimination of bottlenecks
- Digital proofing considerations
- The nature and importance of workflow automation
- The role of MIS automation tools in digital printing
- Integration with quality and inspection
- Geert Van Damme, Managing Director, Cerm
- Matching process to substrate
- Ink transfer, adhesion, print quality and color
- Surface treatments and coatings
- In-line or off-line
- Finishing options and systems
- Laser die-cutting
- Matt Burton, Sales Director, AB Graphic International