How much does it cost?
Registration to the Label Academy is free of charge and gives you access to:
- Module overviews
- Related articles
- Related videos
Each module has its own dedicated textbook (printed and Kindle formats). These have a list price of $129, but you can usually find them at discounted prices on our bookstore.
To take an exam costs $250 per module. The exam has to be taken within 60 days of payment and the price includes two attempts to pass.
How is the training structured?
The Label Academy training is divided into separate self-study modules, each of which has its own training materials and exam.
There is no time limit for you to complete your studies, so you can learn entirely at your own pace. However, once an exam has been paid for, it has to be completed within 60 days.
Can we use the materials in our own training courses?
The Label Academy aims to support other training colleges and programs in the industry. The free resource material as well as the textbooks can be used by other training programs.
To earn a Label Academy certificate, however, the Label Academy's own online examination will have to be taken.
Become an accredited training center
For a small annual fee, you can become an accredited training center. The benefits include:
- Free listings of training courses on the Label Academy website
- Discounts on textbooks and exams
Contact us today to find out more.
What qualification do I get?
Once you've passed the exam for a particular module, you will earn a certificate of completion
Although this is not a formal academic qualification, the Label Academy is endorsed by the leading associations for the label industry, including FINAT, TLMI and the LMAI.
It is expected that a Label Academy certificate will become a standard in the industry – for printers/converters, suppliers, brand owners and designers.
Do I need to buy the textbooks?
Each module's textbook is the main source of information on that topic. It is strongly recommended that you buy or borrow a textbook rather than just relying on the supplementary articles and videos.
All the books are available in both printed and Kindle formats from Amazon.com and it's regional sites, so you can have access to information in minutes if needed.
If you are interested in ordering bulk copies of books (20+ copies of the same book) please contact us for additional discounts.
In addition to the textbooks, the Encyclopedia of Label Technology and The History of Labels are both excellent reference guides that will give you an introduction to much of the terminology that will be used throughout the modules.
How does the exam work?
Once you've completed your studies and you feel ready, you can proceed to the exam.
- The exam using an online system called Braincert. You will need to register separately for Braincert (free). It only takes moments to register.
- You will need to pay for the exam ($250) with a credit card (using PayPal). Once you've paid, you will have access to the exam for 60 days.
- The exam will consist out of 50 questions randomly selected from a larger bank of questions. These will take various forms, including multiple choice, drag-and-drop, true or false, etc.
- You will have 25 minutes to complete the exam. Once you've started an exam, you cannot pause or restart it.
- During the exam you can mark certain questions for review (for example if you're not certain about the answer and want to go back to it). Once you've completed all the answers you can review them before submitting it.
- The results are calculated instantly and, if you passed, you will have the option of downloading an interim electronic certificate. A formal certificate will be mailed to you.
- If you fail the exam, you will have one opportunity to re-take it. After this, the exam fee will need to be paid again.